Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Album of the Week - Sole - Bottle of Humans


ok, so a couple weeks back i announced that i would be posting in regards to albums that i am currently listening to and that i would at the very least list what song(s) are my favorite and if there happens to be a video of that song that i would post that as well. the point of the post is - is that i want to expose all of my readers to different types of music that they most likely won't hear on the radio. many of these artists were turned onto me by others and by word of mouth.

on a side note: i love my car, spend a shit-load of money on it (lowered it, 19-inch rims, misc. parts), but my stereo is stock as shit. no iPod hook-up, just straight CD's. so when i say 'album i am currently listening to' - i mean it in the literal sense. i am going to entitle the blog 'Album of the Week' so that it can be referenced a bit easier.

the album i am currently listening to is entitled Bottle of Humans by an artist named Sole. Sole was a member of a group called Anticon and most of you might know him better through that group. the music is considered hip-hop but the lyrics are deep and artistic and the tracks sound like DJ Shadow beats. this album is super hard to find and in fact - this album was ganked from a friend of mine in high school - i highly doubt this album could be found at your local Best Buy.

my favorite song on the album is entitled 'Bottle of Humans' which is the title of the whole album. here is the video:



on another side note: i really don't like the video that much. something i like to do is to listen to an album with my eyes closed and picture what the music video would be like if i directed it. i picture so many different things but i guess this video had a really low budget and Sole is the type of dude who might say that he'd prefer to keep the video simple as to not take away from the song.

2 comments:

Aspen_Snow04 said...

I just started narrowing down what I want to do in our car. I want to get it rolling before I buy another one and have two stock stereo's to decide on.

I put a new deck into my truck yesterday and I think it will be the one we go with for the Audi too. I can't handle having the vehicle with the stereo system parked in the garage all the time, and the one stock be the one I cruise around in.

Let me know what you decide stereo wise -- i'm always curious what people decide on.

Anonymous said...

great album i was bumping this album about 2 summers ago bring back some good memories again great album bottle of humans is the shit

save the children is a sick track also